Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How to attach my camera (DSLR) to the telescope?

Wow, this is embarrassing... I can no longer remember how to connect my darn gear.

I have the TS Photoline 80mm f/6 refractor, a TSFLAT2 corrector and a TSFLAT2A adapter. I also have a Canon EOS T-ring adapter plus a whole lot of distance rings and stuff. Not sure all of it is supposed to be used since I also have a ZWO 1600 MM-Cool (not going to use that at first).

I also have a TS Optics 0.79x reducer/corrector.

HOW do I attach my Canon 550D DSLR to the telescope with the corrector or with the reducer? For the life of me, I can´t remember or make it make sense when googling. Can anyone help me? It can´t be that difficult, right?
Can I just attach the 0.79x reducer to the T-2 ring and go?

2 minutes ago, Elp said:

If the reducer backfocus spec is 55mm, yes, the Tring should be around 11mm thick and your camera bayonet to sensor is 44mm, so correct 55mm backfocus.

When looking here it seems like the backfocus varies with the FL. So 61 mm in my case?
https://davidastro.com/en-eu/products/ts-optics-0-79x-photoline-reducer-corrector-2

Yup. See also the Teleskop Express site https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/language/en/info/p3881_TS-Optics-PHOTOLINE-80mm-f-6-FPL53-Triplet-APO---2-5--RAP-Focuser.html

5 mm T2 extension ring (TST2V5) + 1 mm fine tuning ring (T2AbstimmA1)

Probably that's why you have that  whole lot of distance rings and stuff 😄

• Like 1