Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Heart of the Soul in LR(Ha)GB(OIII)

AMcD

This is a further version of the centre of IC1848, this time in LRGB with the L and R channels enhanced with Ha and the G and B channels enhanced with OIII.  The total integration time of 15 hours and 40 minutes comprises comprises 4 hours of Ha and 5 hours of Luminance, taken last Autumn, and 3 hours 40 mins of OIII and an hour each of R, G and B, taken over the past two weeks.  The data was acquired using a QHY268M, with Antlia 3nm Ha and OIII filters and Antlia LRGB V Pro filters, on my TS Optics Photoline 130 APO mounted on a Losmandy G11 under Bortle 5 skies.    The acquisition software used was SGPro and the data was processed in PixInsight.  As always, constructive criticism welcome.🙂

RGB_Master_Final_SGL.thumb.png.1ff2bbf66aa68d1698efb8eae71c362a.png

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, peter shah said:

Nice job

Thanks Peter.  I am particularly pleased with having resolved quite well the Young Stellar Object Candidate (2MASS J02533920+6030174) at the upper middle of the image (cropped version below), which is mentioned in a 2011 paper in The Astrophysical Journal (Koenig_2011_ApJ_726_18.pdf) looking at young intermediate-mass stars in the area roughly covered by my original image.  

RGB_Master_Final_SGL_Stellar.png.6445c819daf59c62f33384fe58b6b379.png