NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M27 - 533MC Pro second light

Gabrielwiklund

Hi all,

It still is not astronomical darkness here at 63°N but i could not resist trying out my new camera, the 533MC Pro. 
The camera really is as good as they say it is. Very sensitive and low noise.
This is only 45 minutes of total integration time, using only 30 second subs (90x30s). 100 darks, 50 flats, 50 dark flats. 
It was a bit windy which affected guiding but i think i got away with it.
ZWO ASI533MC Pro @ -10°C Gain 105 Offset 70
ZWO UV/IR CUT 1.25"
Sky-Watcher 200PDS
ES HR Coma Corrector
HEQ5 Pro
50/200mm Guidescope
ASI120MM Mini
ZWO EAF
Software: EQmod,Nina,PHD2,Siril,Gimp
Processing in Siril: Crop, Photometric Color Calibration, Asinh Transformation, Generalized Hyperbolic Stretch, Slight saturation boost,
Remove Green Noise, Gimp for saving a JPEG.

M27 90x30s Result.jpg

Clear skies

Gabriel

Edited by Gabrielwiklund
  • Like 17

3 hours ago, sinbad40 said:

I did M27 a couple of months ago with my 533, i needed to get a lot more data for it to try and get the wings, but the weather has been pants for weeks now.  Lovely clean image, great colours.

The wings seem like a fun challenge, not sure what is required to pull them out in a nice way. Apart from enough integration time is using masks and layers a must in order to preserve the core? I suspect a Duo narrowband filter is necessary as well? 

Seems almost universal lately, It's been raining here like crazy for about 2 weeks, but the sky would have been to bright anyway so no complaints if it means there will be less rain now for a few weeks... if only that logic was reliable. Hope the weather clears up there in the UK as well.

Thank you, i appreciate it very much!

Edited by Gabrielwiklund

25 minutes ago, windjammer said:

Very nice nebula indeed - and good colours.  Are the stars a bit eggy left to right ?  BXT could probably fix that if you haven't tried it already.

Simon

Thanks, very much appreciated!
Yes, it was even worse before i discarded some subs, the wind messed up guiding. As far as i know BXT is not available for Siril yet.
I might go over to Pixinsight in the future but i must say i really like Siril.

Gabriel