NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Having another go...again!

After much regret selling my EQ-6 on last year; I have decided its time for another crack at it all. I'm planning on repurchasing a Samyang 135mm and an eqm35 mount as I feel this would be a much better size and should work well on the target payloads I intend to image with. For now Ill utilise my trusty Star Adventurer mini and 50mm Lens, I was in fact hoping that tonight I would of got some perseids shots but alas the sky gods decided otherwise. 

I've been busy reprocessing some data I got last year on the Heart and Soul Nebula and thought I would share it with you! I think I may have over done the star reduction. Taken with Samyang 135, Eq6-r, Canon 2000D, Optlong L enhance. Approx 1.5 hours intergration 

08_10.22HeartandSoulandFishhead.thumb.png.823121e3c972023a0cb00d616d1442eb.png

Clear skies 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Paul2019 said:

Heart and Soul Nebula

Hi

Amazing detail for just 90 minutes. Love it.
I've had a go at altering the image. With your permission I'll post it here as it's difficult to describe otherwise.

Cheers

43 minutes ago, alacant said:

Hi

Amazing detail for just 90 minutes. Love it.
I've had a go at altering the image. With your permission I'll post it here as it's difficult to describe otherwise.

Cheers

Please do, love seeing what others can do with my data 

I adjusted:

- colour- it looks great on a 'phone, a little green on a computer screen. But hey, I'm absolutely hopeless at colour.
- the bg

DSLR with a 135 so give it a big dither between frames to minimise mottle.

Cheers and HTH

08_10.22HeartandSoulandFishhead.png.ec154470c6158de20a83e1cd0eda4d58_01.thumb.jpg.7a2f4d82cfd9dbc9e0d0093537c75c1c.jpg

Edited by alacant

Thanks, looks great! 

one of the big things I struggle with is colour. I’m colour blind and never get it quite right. Recently I’ve tried using the photo metric colour calibration in PI and just leaving it there. 

sadly I think I overdid the star reduction and dbe on the image but looks much better in your version. 

big learning curve in processing arguably more so than acquiring the data in the first place!