SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Having trouble imaging with a 2x Barlow and a 10mm eyepiece with a salt + SW 150P reflector.

Stellaris

Hi, I’ve recently encountered some issues when imaging with my Newtonian reflector Sky-Watcher 150P. I’ve managed to take images before with my flat camera, but as soon as I add a 2x Barlow and a 10mm lens, I suddenly lose any image. It was my understanding that it would provide me with a zoom, but with no image, I can’t really tell. Any possible fix or solution or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks all

Were you taking images directly onto the camera sensor before with no taking lens in between?  My guess is that the focus position changed dramatically with the 2x Barlow and 10mm eyepiece.  That, and your image scale changed dramatically, dimming the objects to where you can't even see them with short exposures.

Try out your imaging train in the daytime on a distant object.  If you get that figure out, try it out on the moon next.  If you get that working, try dimmer objects.

14 hours ago, Stellaris said:

The objects being out of focus was my guess two, but I’m not quite sure if i need more distance between my sensor and scope, or less of it.

That's why you need to start with bright objects to be able to establish with confidence where the new focal plane resides.  Also remember that most eyepieces project a curved focal plane, so you might have out of focus edges on your sensor.