NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What do you do with your equipment while renovating ?

Bivanus

The question arises due to my missus not wanting to go on holiday but repainting the house. So, I had to drag my whole shebang together, seal it and put it away in another location for some ten days. Hey w do you manage to survive this type of desasters?

We renovated the entire house in 2021 which involved renting another house for 12 months (luckily in the same street so I was able to move my telescopes without relaying on movers and the risks that entailed. Happy for them to move the beds through). I kept everything in an empty bedroom for the year, occasionally pulling out something on the rare time I got to stargaze (we had also just welcomed a little girl into the family so other things took priority).

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

New wife and holiday?😂

🤣🤣🤣 If only...In Romania periodical house repainting it's something like a deep rooted wife tradition... I have already passed through the dreaded full house refurbishment similar to Matthew's when we moved ! NO WAY am I doing that again ! I am feeling depressed for a fortnight , an year or so ...don't want to think about! 

IMG-20230731-WA0012.jpg

Edited by Bivanus
Picture added
  • Like 1

Don’t do a whole house renovation in one go- instigate a rolling programme by doing one room a year then, when the whole house has been done, start again from the first room (after taking a year off of course).

Well, the ideea is not bad, we do something like that anyway because space. Lack of it. The livingroom is excepted this year because there's where we put all the furniture and stuff. My scopes are safe in a clean storage while some boxes with no  perishable stuff are in a garage. Good thing is when you  work with empty rooms it goes fast, we already finish painting and now we have break day for drying. If things continue without unexpected events I do hope by Tuesday to have the furniture in position. I expect my AZT6 mount to arive on Tuesday too so I'm kinda motivated 😁

• Haha 1