M16 the Pillars in RGB

peter shah

Imaged remotely from Spain. The centre of the Eagle Nebula in RGB taken with the 16in ODK and the ASI2600MM pro....  This scope I stripped down and rebuilt from the ground up and other than a few test shots this is the first real data set since finishing it. Exposure times were 40x 180s in each RGB filter and unguided with the ASA DDM85.
Thanks for looking
Peter Shah

Eagle Nebula RGB Cropped.jpg

Edited by peter shah
  • Like 20

9 hours ago, peter shah said:

Thank you Francis...the seeing has been good recently really helping this image

I take it we’re not talking Powys UK! Because Hereford hasn’t seen sky for ages…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WolfieGlos said:

Stunning in RGB! 

Thank you...I'm collecting some narrow band data at the moment also...but I do love it in RGB

2 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Lovely detail. Oh for clear and transparent skies !

Thank you.....the seeing has been really nice recently in Spain which really helped with this.

34 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

I take it we’re not talking Powys UK! Because Hereford hasn’t seen sky for ages…

We have had a few clear skies here in Powys but I need to swap out my UPS in the garden observatory.... the thing is there's no rush as I have the luxury of a few other scopes to use. 

• Like 1