Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Adventurer 2i Password?

Mark2022

Hi, does anyone have a solution to this?  I bought a Star Adventurer 2i pro second hand (I don't think previous owner ever actually used it). I've been using it manually (i.e. not with app) for a while now but have just taken it out to set up the SA console via wifi. My iPad sees the  wifi ok but, when I go to connect, it then asks me for a password and I don't have one. There's none in the manual (although the manual mentions the need to have the 'correct password'). There was none given to me by the previous owner- again, I don't think she even used it once. So, I'm lost  regarding what to do. It mentions in the manual that, perhaps, if you type in a wrong password (which I did with a guess) you may need to factory reset  but I don't, necessarily, wish to do that and have no idea whether this will then let me reset/choose a password.

If anyone has the 2i, could you let me know where you got the password for it from? Was  it included in the package originally? Thanks.

I don't have one, but I did read up on it when it came out. If I remember correctly, the wifi access point was set to 'open' by default (no password). If you are asked for a password, then the previous ovner has added one (which they should!). You will need to reset the mount to get rid of that.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris. For some reason, while I have notifications 'on', I don't get them all or I receive them much later so I've only just seen your reply. It looks like I'll have to factory reset since the previous owner can't remember her password. Hope resetting doesn't cause issues. You know how these things can be sensitive. Anyhow, cheers.

• Like 1