Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

synscan pro problem

Anyone  having  any problems  with synscan pro app recently?  Mine is on a new  iphone 14 pro .  Never had  a problem aligning my Skywatcher  go to dob before until this past weekend.  Did  2 star  alignment like  I always do ( pointing north with scope leveled) but after  I centered the 2nd star and touched the little  check mark on the app it just  returns to the start screen with the various  options (alignment, star, deep sky, utility, etc)   In the past  it has  always displayed "alignment successful" but it did not do that this time and clearly the alignment was  way off when I tried  to find  objects. I checked and there are no updates available. I even deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.  The  hand controller appears to be working fine however. If anyone  has  ideas would love  to hear them. Thanks!

- Ken

Edited by tripleped
problem solved

Hello Ken. Sorry to here you are having problems with your Mount.
 I Have just won a battle with my Eq6 Pro mount  equatorial.
I had some good advice from several members to try and rectify a fault that I believe wasn't due to the mount
at all. I had read that some folks had issues with Windows11, which I had loaded on a new Asus Laptop.
I bought a used Dell Laptop from Ebay with Windows 7 professional loaded.
Re loaded Ascom and the other requirements, and my rig was brought back to life.
If your setup was OK  with an older phone, perhaps your new phone could be harboring a problem.
I'm not familiar with Alt Az rigs, but I hope someone on SGL will be able assist you.
Best Wishes.
Ron.

• Like 1