NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moonlite focuser to 60mm coronado

Hi guys 

Just wondering if anyone out there in astroland as bought a moonlite focuser CS2" Direct from moonlite to replace the helical focuser on a coronado 60mm solarmax 2. I Tried ordering through there products page and it come up with a choice of travel brass comp rings 4 different sizes  . 85 .95 threaded 1.15 .1.5 what ever they are. I emailed Ron at at moonlite but as yet no explanation on which one I need . Also there is an option to buy or not buy a flange so not really sure if I need it or not.  Once again waiting on answers from Ron at moonlite.  It's alot of money to waste on stuff you don't need so I want to get it right first time . Also is there any hidden costs I.E. uk import tax etc. 

The other question will ask does anyone have any photos of the results. 

Any info or  tips would be appreciated. 

Thanks for looking 

Regards Solarboy. 

On the products page I have just clicked on the CS2 focuser linke (which includes text for solar scopes). The on the page that appears I see the Solar Max II  flange as an option ($75) - I don't see any choices about ring sizes though.

It would be expected that shipping, vat & customs duties would apply, unless the value is under the customs limit.

In your earlier thread it had not occurred to me that the focuser I have was a CS2 one as I got it from Ron direct as a package of focuser & flange. I have also bought focusers for my refractors so had been looking at their flanges for a solar scope when I read your thread.

HTH

Steve

Okay,

A quick look shows this:

moonlite4.thumb.png.02a19db5aca7ecbade7def848d6020f2.png

On the options for a new CS2 focuser

moonlite2.thumb.png.31759188d867732e5deed99a266af947.png

Of course the colour choice is yours.  Moonlite now only sell with the motor option which increases the price. It only makes sense to select the stand alone version if you already have a controller.

Was the used focuser you bought a CS2, in which case you'd just need the flange?

Edited by StevieDvd