NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Asiair memory card

Just thought I would put it on here, fathers day presented me with a Sandisc extreme pro 128gb micro sdxc card. Plugged it into the asiair, set the memory to use it and the result is well pleased.

Wishful thinking or not, it seemed faster than the internal memory.

Only downside I have found is that if you have master darks or others saved on the internal memory, you will either need to transfer them over somehow or take some more as memory source seems to me to be all one or the other. All the best. 

The sd-card is reportedly the slowest, with a decent USB stick being the faster and the internal EMMC in the middle.

If you have internal memory then you'll have either the Asiair Plus or Mini oth of which allow you to connect via the USB-C to another computer to transfer files across. You can also transfer files using a wireless/wired network connection as well.

2 hours ago, StevieDvd said:

If you have internal memory then you'll have either the Asiair Plus or Mini 

Spot on, I have the asiair plus. I don't process any image's other than stacking within the asiair, so I have no need to transfer files so you are no doubt 100% correct with the data transfer speed. What I can say though is that during live stacking using the asiair internal memory, there is always a rotating green circle as it writes to memory, using the card, it's just done.