Flats and darks

11 minutes ago, windjammer said:

>>My idea of OK being it was grey, with a slight darker border and with several large dust spots, easily visible.

Yep, looks about right

Screenshot2023-06-27223917.thumb.png.d007ec70a69a5ee35eb26165d173455a.jpg.f3291b6cf231b18dcb79ecf51d23b00a.jpg

Yep, that looks similar to what I was expecting, see my pic in post no7. But that was shot at iso 100, so had to redo at the same ISO as my lights (1600)....perhaps im just over thinking it 

16 minutes ago, chubster1302 said:

what can I do

A usb powered led tracing panel, ive been using dark acrylic sheets on top, but recently bought some ND film which will be ever better. Anywhere where you can control a process for repeatability is worth doing.

If sky flats work for you by all means continue.

Edited by Elp
  • Like 1

“Aperture priority” sets the shutter speed  automatically not aperture - it’s misleading terminology.  Researching this, unlike a Canon camera a Nikon requires an electronic lens to use the camera’s exposure meter. That’s the reason for the error message. Sorry my advice was wrong - I’m a Canon user.

On 26/06/2023 at 17:37, chubster1302 said:

even more complicated

Really? Entering;

=600

into the bias field is more complicated than taking and processing and a sequence of non temperature matched dark frames?!

2 minutes ago, alacant said:

Really? Entering;

=600

into the bias field is more complicated than taking and processing and a sequence of non temperature matched dark frames?!

Yep, I misunderstood your previous reply. So I just need to enter 600, that is indeed easy...thanks