Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik 314L+ with TheSkyX Pro

Well hello. it's been a while. I've recently decided to make my Paramount MX+ semi permanent; dug the hole, concrete etc, ran a T point with my Redcat and ASI183, no issues there, took some test shots of the Sun using the ED80 and ASI 174, no issues there....

Whilst my QSI 683 is sunning itself in Portugal and hopefully being repaired, I decided to dig out my Atik 314L+. I've not used it for a while, but was eventually satisfied it still worked, it connects and takes images in N.I.N.A, so problem. However, when I try to use it with TheSkyX Pro, whilst it connects and I can set the cooling etc, when I attempt to take an image, I get

image.png.7b9c16a9327608e5c75165fcd760a5a0.png

It never downloads and completes the process. Abort is the only option.

I presume this is a Software Bisque issue and there's nothing wrong with the camera, as it works in N.I.N.A?  Anyone have any thoughts?

What I'm trying to attempt, is having several configurations of [scope + camera + mini pc], that I can take off the mount and replace with another [scope + camera + mini pc], for whatever target I choose. The Atik is a camera option that I hoped would still work. Each configuration will have its own T point calibration, hence the need to have the Atik playing nice in TheSkyX Pro.

Well let me be the first to reply, with a possible solution...

Once you've chosen ASCOM in the Choose Camera list
image.png.c27e1677a52293de0467b0f4f881f0a6.png

Under Settings, don't choose the first option as I did...go for another
image.png.40d3e164248c2a450347dbaf7ddb469e.png

and lo and behold, once you select connect and take your first photo...
image.png.4ce2f3a23637b7fc0b40c68fa72cf450.png

Happy now, I can go to bed and leave T point doing its thing. Hurrah! 🙂

Clear skies!

Edited by appyaardvark