Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 5905 and 5908

Rodd

Before I knew it galaxy season had slipped me by, thanks to months of cloud and rain.  Most galaxies are now past the meridian for me at 10:00, which is the start of astro darkness.  If I had more clear sky time, That wouldnt be so bad.  But if I start imaging a target at meridian now, chances are I will not be able to complete the proect. I managed to find a few galaxies that were still in good position--here is one pair.  This is just RGB and it screams for luminance-which is definitely on the agenda.  I hope to capture a few hours before the Moon gets too bright.  Its gonna be close.  I know the background is awfull; a combin ation of low transparency due to high clouds and haze, LP, and bad falts in the green channel made this very challenging.  There is a pixek math script for mottled backgrounds that can work amazingly well, provided extreme care is taken to protect stars and galaxies/nebulae and the correct muliplier is used.  Trial and error is the only way I know.

C11 Edge with .7s reducer and ASI 1600. Red: 158 120 sec; Green: 161 120 sec; Blue: 100 120 sec. - Bin2.  About 14 hours.

RGB-8.thumb.jpg.77b51b2aeefc2f204a64d75889f049d4.jpg

• Like 7

Oh yes, I like that.

Unfortunately, Galaxy Season is well and truly over for this year here, we lose all Astro Dark until the 16th July, and I'm on the south west coast. I posted my last very poor galaxy image yesterday.

2 hours ago, DaveS said:

Oh yes, I like that.

Unfortunately, Galaxy Season is well and truly over for this year here, we lose all Astro Dark until the 16th July, and I'm on the south west coast. I posted my last very poor galaxy image yesterday.

Thanks Dave.  I am considering joining Robo Scope due to the number of cloudy nights I have.  I would go crazy if I lived where I couldn't image for months due to lack of darkness.  Robo Scope is the most affordable option I have found.  Still a bit though.  If this keeps up, I don't think I will have much choice.