Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wizard Nebula Ha vs no Ha

Rodd

The first image is an R(Ha)GB and the second is just RGB.  The only saturation adjustments were “downward” in effort to tame the palette intensity.  I added 80% Ha to the red channel of the first image, so it’s not a question of needing more.  I tend to not like inserting Ha into non-galaxy broadband images. 
R(HA)GB

6FAC593B-1087-4A01-99BF-61F7FA98351D.thumb.jpeg.df3e7c09c5251ac22f524177450e4450.jpeg

RGB

D26D5242-05C2-4DDF-8A3E-C09C450990CA.thumb.jpeg.48bd3ab8edc3477c8a3d1c3739dea111.jpeg

• Like 4

Caveat: viewing on my phone, and only at resolution displayed as I view the post (i.e. not 100%)

Other than the deeper reds, and the slight boost in the visibility of the fainter (red) Ha regions, I see no real difference in the two.

Going on colour balance alone, l would say rgb only is my preference, but then I've taken a real liking to broadband only images over past few months, so maybe just my natural bias at play... Both lovely nonetheless ☺

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

Caveat: viewing on my phone, and only at resolution displayed as I view the post (i.e. not 100%)

Other than the deeper reds, and the slight boost in the visibility of the fainter (red) Ha regions, I see no real difference in the two.

Going on colour balance alone, l would say rgb only is my preference, but then I've taken a real liking to broadband only images over past few months, so maybe just my natural bias at play... Both lovely nonetheless ☺

Thanks. Yep. That’s how I feel as well.