Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Well I tried

The days was clear blue skies with the thin high clouds all day.  I decide to drag the 16 out.  Collination.... Check, finder, laser and eyepiece....aligned.  Aimed in the general direction of Polaris to align the go to.... Yeah buddy we are cooking now.  I look up and see .... Cloud cover now at 70 percent. Just for grins and because i could i took aim at the VERY red moon that had just risen.   The air was so jacked up i couldnt even get it to focus.  I broke everything down and put it away about an hour and a half after i set up.  The Ohio skies strike again. Its supposed to be nice tomorrow evening so i will try again then.  

Edited by Mike Q

Hello, I feel your pain, here on the West coast, it can be gorgeous all day, and then around 6 or 7:00 p.m. the fog rolls in particularly during the summer months! No rain of course-just fog and can be thick! There is always tomorrow night?

I felt that way a few days ago down south after a beautiful cloudless day I take out the scope only to have clouds start to roll in while I chase breaks going from east to west trying to catch fleeting glimpses of Venus and the Moon until I finally gave it up to wait until better weather, luckily the next few days were clear and I got in some time. However it’s going to be sometime next week until I get to take my scope out again because of rain the next few days 

Did get an hour and half in last night but the conditions were sub part.  Thin high clouds and around 930 or 10 the full moon added its light to an already wrecked sky.  

I've just taken my scope out to cool as the sky was almost completely clear....yay!😛 Got the observing chair, EP case, power supply, my special astronomy phone and cables all ready to go.

I went out to check how it was going and the sky's gone from 1/10th to 10/10ths cloud in half an hour. Now seriously irritated!

Amazingly although the weather man said it was supposed to rain all afternoon and it was cloudy all day yesterday it cleared up last night and although it was a bit hazy along the horizon I was able to get the scope out last night. Viewed tiny Mars, some double stars and practiced my averted vision on some dimmer deep sky objects in my suburban bortle 5 neighborhood before I packed it all in around 4am.