Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with Sw GTI polar scope

Hi all, I just purchased a SW Star Adventurer GTI and noticed that (when the equipament is upright) my polar scope is rotated some 30  degrees clockwise, meaning that its 0 is located where the 1 would be. The seller told me it is not a big deal but, I ask myself if this will not interfere in an accurate polar alignment or if it will eventually become a pain in the *.. 

I have never used a tracker before an weather here looks nasty so I wont be able to test the thig withing ne next week or so.

I can still send the mount back but you guys think this is not a big deal, I'll keep it.

I appreciate your advice!

On 05/05/2023 at 16:03, stein said:

Hi all, I just purchased a SW Star Adventurer GTI and noticed that (when the equipament is upright) my polar scope is rotated some 30  degrees clockwise, meaning that its 0 is located where the 1 would be. The seller told me it is not a big deal but, I ask myself if this will not interfere in an accurate polar alignment or if it will eventually become a pain in the *.. 

I have never used a tracker before an weather here looks nasty so I wont be able to test the thig withing ne next week or so.

I can still send the mount back but you guys think this is not a big deal, I'll keep it.

I appreciate your advice!

I own one but have never used the polar scope lol. I align with Sharpcap or NINA via the guide scope. The most important thing is that if you center on Polaris and then rotate the RA 90 degrees is the cross still on Polaris? If so great, if not you will want to adjust it. If it's good just use a mobile ap to find the hour angle of Polaris and rotate the polar scope such that 0 is now to the top. adjust polar alignment and then return the RA axis to the home position. 

This assumes that I correctly remember that the polar scope rotates with the RA on the GTI....

Adam

• 3 weeks later...