Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Golden washer

Hello, many of you probably know me from the previous post i made, but now theres a dofferent problem, golden washers on the adjustment screws of the 12" dob came out of the hole, is there any way there is to fix it? Thanks, Luka

3221e591-1043-4410-b82d-865d3ba6d727.jpg

That looks like a tiresome job, you will have to dismantle the scope till you can press the bearing (it's most likely brass) back into its housing socket. You must be careful about alignment before applying any pressure, I would use a good G-clamp probably as bearing presses are not common. Another possibility is if you back off the plastic knob you may be able to insert something behind the brass bearing and then tighten the knob bit by bit. By something I mean a thick washer with a bit cut out to fit over the spindle.

Really looks like its going to be a hard one, there no chance for me to align the scope with the golden washers out of the hole right? Thank you for the reply though.

Cheers!

Edited by luka