SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Lost in Space (Baader edition)

Hello good people. I have recently bought the 102mm doublet (TS photoline, Starfield equivalent). Intending on using it with the MB2 binos.

I already had a thread where I was discussing various options but decided that a new thread focusing strictly on the baader side of things might be in order.

My wish is to assemble a good baader diagonal which I would then use for bjnoviewing and potentually include a 1.25" and later 2" EP holder.

Caveat: I can only order directly from baader, as there is an official distributer here and ordering from other shops doesn't seem to work. But I am ok with that, as the distributer is a really good chap and feels like buying directly from baader. This means that I need to find stuff on the baader website (which is proving to be a pain, since the product and information overload is quite substantial.

I am gussing that going from the telescope side:

- m63a baader click to replace the stock twist lock is in order (currently out of stock on the baader website, but eilling to wait and order at a later time)

- T2 2" nosepiece

- prism diagonal t-2/90deg 32mm

(Theres a plethora of options here, maybe a good value buy is the one with with additional gizmos.)

- i would love to include a heavy duty quick changer which would allow me to quickly change from binos to single EP holder. If I understood correctly the MB2 have a zeiss bayonet which should help, does this affect the choice of the GPC as well (buying the MarkV type that screws into binos rather than the diagonal)

- 1.70 GPC (again some advice on finding the right one on the baader website)

- clicklock 1.25" or maybe smarter to buy 2" cliclock that can fit on the quick changer (need help with choosing the proper product) and use a 1.25 adapter for smaller EPs

Thank you for any help and answers!

Would it be easier and cheaper to simply swap the entire diagonal for monoviewing?  I do that with my rig.  I have a 1.25" WO dielectric diagonal for my Arcturus BV to limit in-travel requirements, and a 2" GSO dielectric diagonal for monoviewing.  It's pretty quick to loosen the 2" receiver on the scope to take out the adapter/1.25 diagonal/BV/eyepieces combo and swap in the 2" diagonal and eyepiece and then retighten the receiver.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Louis D said:

Would it be easier and cheaper to simply swap the entire diagonal for monoviewing?  

It's a valid option. But the quickchanger is required since I want to use binos with the bayonet. I received some advice to buy the gpc for MB2 and MarkV, and that one screws into the bino, and that setup is descriped as using the bayonet to attach to the prism diagonal.