Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M106 Synthetic Lum

Rodd

Getting there.  This is composed of 4 hours of red, 4 hours of green, and 12 hours of ha.  The Ha is hard to see--it being mono.  Looking forward to the color image.

C11Edge with .7x reducer and ASI 1600, bin1

hrg2.thumb.jpg.c6176c1b79910a68cade71f38e5b7eaf.jpg

• Like 10

4 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

If you were to use the Ha within the final luminance, would there not be a danger of it greatly suppressing the rest of the signal?

Olly

Well, when I add ha to lum I do do only in those areas that are ha, exactly like as it is inserted into the red channel. The ha is cleaned of red leakage and the ha is then inserted using a mask that only exposes the ha regions of the red channel. Since lum consists of red in part, a portion of the ha is also contained in lum. So it’s added using the same protective mask so ha only goes where there is ha signal. But only a small amount, like 10% maybe 20%.  It’s all done in linear state. Then the RGB image is stretched along with lum and the lum is then inserted.  To tell the truth, I rarely see the benefit of adding a fraction of ha into lum. But it is there and it’s habit.  It’s technically the correct thing to do following the pi handbook. Sometime I don’t do it.  But never do I use ha AS lum (except in HaSHO images

• Like 1