Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO 30F4 miniscope question

Hello all, I am going to have a play using the zwo mini guide scope with an asi290mm and the asiair plus, which has led to a few questions.

First off, does the asi290 just bolt straight on and come to focus without any other adapters required?

Has anybody tried the above combo with the asiair for solving and polar alignment? 

Many thanks for any help.

If it’s the mini version it just slides into the guide scope and you attain rough focus by moving the camera in and out. Once rough focus is reached you can fine focus by turning the nosepiece of the scope. HTH.

• Thanks 1

The camera is not the mini version as I am just using what I have at the moment to see how I get on. According to everything I have read it should be compatible without anything else but....... do I need a helical focuser of some sort? 

Just attach it to the guide scope with the camera nosepiece and focus the guide scope by its nosepiece. If for some reason it doesn’t reach good focus that way you can also slide the camera in/out by small increments to reach focus and fine tune with the scope nosepiece.

• Thanks 1

The scope's similar to the SVbony one I've got. I've got my 224mc pushed in all the way with its nosepiece, and then the scope is unscrewed around 14mm (14mm of thread is visible to the red locking ring located at the rear/bottom of the thread). Your milage may vary, it's a bit annoying to setup initially, best try during the day or on the moon, then fine tune on stars.

• Thanks 1