SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Focuser and Finder attachment on standard Celestron Astromaster Newtonian (130)

Hello everybody,

Hoping somebody might have an answer to this one.

A student at the school where I teach has got himself a Celestron Astromaster Newtonian.... like the one shown below...

Celestron Astromaster 130EQ reflecting Telescope with Motor Drive | First  Light Optics

He has had a spot of bother setting up and understanding polar alignment etc, so I have decided to help him out and lend him a few accessories.

Does anybody know what the eyepiece diameter is on the focuser ?  (  I would guess at 1 1/4 inch ..... but it could be a unique one-off gauge).

and

is the red-dot finder sat on a normal finder-shoe base  that a 8x50 finder scope would fit onto.

Thanks for any info.

Sean.

18 hours ago, Craney said:

Thanks @Philip R.

Makes everything a lot easier if the scope has standard fittings.

Sean.

How many times have you lost the elusive nut, bolt, screw, etc?

It would make sense if ‘scope manufacturers included a list of of screw sizes too! …I have taken many ‘scope parts to the local DIY/hardware emporium to search/find a replacement.

• Like 1

Indeed.

One thing which irks me ( especially on a dark night ) ... is not knowing if a fitting is M42, M48, M56, T-Thread, SCT thread .... or the fifteen other variants.

A small cost improvement at the manufacturer would be to emboss/ label some form of indicator on it.  Then as a minimum at least I can sort them out into some form of order.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 21/03/2023 at 16:07, Craney said:

Hello everybody,

Hoping somebody might have an answer to this one.

A student at the school where I teach has got himself a Celestron Astromaster Newtonian.... like the one shown below...

Celestron Astromaster 130EQ reflecting Telescope with Motor Drive | First  Light Optics

He has had a spot of bother setting up and understanding polar alignment etc, so I have decided to help him out and lend him a few accessories.

Besides this I have a question related to college, namely I am interested if anyone has used this source https://papersowl.com/examples/letter-from-birmingham-jail-rhetorical-analysis/ because I find it quite good, namely it amazes me that there are many topics here directly related to college, such as Letter from Birmingham Jail Rhetorical Analysis this analysis was just not long ago done in the hysterics lesson; and as a college student I would like to use it just do not know how our professors will react to something like this.

Does anybody know what the eyepiece diameter is on the focuser ?  (  I would guess at 1 1/4 inch ..... but it could be a unique one-off gauge).

and

is the red-dot finder sat on a normal finder-shoe base  that a 8x50 finder scope would fit onto.

Thanks for any info.

Sean.

I had the same one, it looks like it was 1.25"

Edited by starlinnitschke8
  • Like 1