Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to Choose an OTA & Mount For EAA Video Tutorial

curtisca17

A couple of months ago I started putting together a series of videos which I call "The 6 Essential Tools for EAA".  I just finished installment number 1 and posted it this morning.  This covers everything I think a beginner should look for in Optical Tube Assemblys (OTAs) and mounts when first starting EAA.  I try to be very detailed and not assume the viewer already has much expertise in astronomy equipment.  If they do, they can skip ahead to more relevant parts of the video.  In subsequent installments I will cover details about choosing cameras, computers, software, and dc power supplies all with EAA in mind.  You can find the first video here  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OVjamLK72g&t=1s                                                    

I hope beginners find these helpful.  They do take a lot of time to plan and execute, but I thoroughly enjoy doing them and like to hear back from folks who view them.

Best Regards,

Curtis

• Like 5

1 hour ago, curtisca17 said:

I appreciate the positive feedback and am happy to hear that the video is helpful.   Working on the next installment which will cover what to look for when picking a camera for EAA.

That will be really helpful as that is where I am at the moment, trying to decide which camera to buy for my setup