Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Focus?

Simon Pepper

So I got myself a new camera for a try at imaging lunar and planets but I can’t seem to find the focus point. I have focuser Barlow than camera. I have some M68 extensions and racked the focus all the way in and out. Am I missing something here as I think the OTA doesn’t look right? Thanks 

DEB23ABC-17B5-42A8-881B-A3C836C7533B.jpeg

You'll likely have to use some extenders, more so if you're using the Barlow. I'd try it on the moon without the Barlow to start with. With my powermate I use a diagonal and it's quite easy to setup that way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elp said:

You'll likely have to use some extenders, more so if you're using the Barlow. I'd try it on the moon without the Barlow to start with. With my powermate I use a diagonal and it's quite easy to setup that way.

Thanks Elp I did that in the end anD managed to find focus I think I’ll leave the Barlow out for a while! Are you able to assist with this one? Issue after issue today…