NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pixinsight WBPP advice

Am I right in thinking there's a way to make WBPP assign different flats to different nights lights via the grouping? If so can anyone point me to a tutorial. To be clear, the flats aren't necessarily taken on the same night as the lights as I tend to only take sporadic flats due to permeant setup and zero shifting of image train. 

Obviously any flats you add will most likely be assigned by WBPP based on any rules/config you have in place. Choosing them manually is a way to override that if you want or need something different including incorrect FITS headers causing incorrect automation for example.

• Like 1

ok, so i had a play this morning and using the drop down works. Any idea where WPBB stores the master flats it creates fo I can rename them for easy selection? Also, after that in post calibration it still seems to insist on stacking the lights in separate bundles. Now of course I need then separate for calibration but after that I want them processed into a single stack. 

Any ideas? 

Guessing it's something simple but I'm missing it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2023 at 09:37, Anthonyexmouth said:

ok, so i had a play this morning and using the drop down works. Any idea where WPBB stores the master flats it creates fo I can rename them for easy selection? Also, after that in post calibration it still seems to insist on stacking the lights in separate bundles. Now of course I need then separate for calibration but after that I want them processed into a single stack. 

Any ideas? 

Guessing it's something simple but I'm missing it. 

Only just saw this but the master flats created, in fact any masters, will be in a directory called "Masters" underneath the location you set in WBPP. Just bear in mind that if you used masters in the first place they won't be saved again in the Masters directory. You can choose post processing options for how a OSC file is saved, you can choose Combined, R,G and B and Combined + R, G and B. I did think Combined was the default so you should get one master RGB file unless you changed it.

11 minutes ago, scotty38 said:

Only just saw this but the master flats created, in fact any masters, will be in a directory called "Masters" underneath the location you set in WBPP. Just bear in mind that if you used masters in the first place they won't be saved again in the Masters directory. You can choose post processing options for how a OSC file is saved, you can choose Combined, R,G and B and Combined + R, G and B. I did think Combined was the default so you should get one master RGB file unless you changed it.

WBPP just lists it as masterflat. was hoping there was some way of changing the name to reflect the date. planning on taking flats at the beginning of every month so I could just manually select the right masterflat in WBPP but doesn't seem thats possible. 

Surely Just rename it manually once you've created it or just put them in dated directories. That's what I do, I have a "Calibration" directory and then just dated areas underneath for things like flats that might change a bit more regularly.

1 hour ago, scotty38 said:

Surely Just rename it manually once you've created it or just put them in dated directories. That's what I do, I have a "Calibration" directory and then just dated areas underneath for things like flats that might change a bit more regularly.

Yeah. I was just hoping I could rename them so when wbpp starts up the master flats world load like the matter darks do but have names that are usual. Just bring lazy I guess but would have been nice.