Coddington's Nebula ic2574

wimvb

I'm doing a joint project with @gorann, imaging this galaxy in Ursa Major. He uses his RASA for a wide field view with IFN, while I participate with Ha and possibly detail in the galaxy. Unfortunately, the weathergods are doing their best to sabotage the project. So far, I have managed to collect 5 hours of Ha and 3 hours RGB, giving me this result

As usual, I used my MN190 and ASI294MM for the job. Processed in PixInsight

I plan to add more RGB and Luminance data, and do a proper deconvolution job with BlurXterminator to get more detail.

IC2574_3h_HaRGB.thumb.jpg.8f5b5a009d328e467c0dd1f85ff9f032.jpg

IC2574_3h_HaRGB_Annotated.thumb.jpg.95782602c2186e3700e204a02363d9b6.jpg

• Like 10

Collected more data and did a reprocess. I'm now at 19 hours total integration time

L:Ha:R:G:B  378 : 304 : 150 : 160 : 150 minutes

IFN is just barely visible, albeit far too weak to pull out. But it does result in an uneven background.

IC2574_LHaRGB_230301.thumb.jpg.bc86cfb50bb96b9d09ca36227d3b20c5.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice Wim, that MN190 is working a treat - don't see much data from them these days, which is a pity considering the result posted.
That background is very nice and neutral - I presume you have decent skies up there in Sweden....
If only.....!

D

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TakMan said:

Very nice Wim, that MN190 is working a treat - don't see much data from them these days, which is a pity considering the result posted.
That background is very nice and neutral - I presume you have decent skies up there in Sweden....
If only.....!

D

Thanks. I can't complain about the general darkness up here. But it's not really dark enough to go chasing ifn. @gorann imaged the area with his dual RASA and was able to capture it, but it's beyond my single MN190.