M78

tomato

This is 13.5 hrs of data made up of 212 x 2 mins with the Esprit150/QHY268mono and 193 x 2 mins with the Esprit150/QHY268OSC. The moon was absent over the 3 nights, but Orion moves across the sky just above my neighbour's house at the bottom of the garden, and they have invested in a wood burning fire that was going full chat every night so the FWHM figures were nothing to write home about.

I tried channel extraction on the OSC stack and then using LRGB combination in PI but I had to push the processing hard to get any colour. I then saved the Lum file as RGB and stacked this with the OSC file and got much better colour. I'm not sure if this is a bona fide processing method but it seemed to work for me.

Calibrated and stacked in APP, processed in PI (thank goodness for BXT, SXT and NXT) and finished off in AP.

Thanks for looking.

Image04APv2.thumb.jpg.80ad24cff02e25051cf438cc3080297c.jpg

• Like 6