Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

B32-Cthulhu descending from the heavens

Rodd

I needed an Ha target for my only clear night of the week due to a near full Moon.  I only had about 5 hours before forecasted clouds would roll in, and the targets I have been working on would not rise to good position until about 9:00.  Its always a bit of a challenge to find new Ha targets suitable for relatively wide field imaging.  I did not know what to expect with this target.  After the first sub I knew it would be interesting. The Moon certainly compromised this data a bit--but I am looking forward to collecting more on a Moonless night and progressing to RGB filters.  At least I think broadband would be the way to go with this target--HaRGB--maybe L if conditions permit.  Not sure if there is much OIII or SII in this area.  Maybe I will just capture a boatload of Ha and keep in mono.  Hard to say.

FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600.  52 300 sec Ha

h52d5.thumb.jpg.35e808e2220900b4cdf1a94e989da731.jpg

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Maybe I will just capture a boatload of Ha and keep in mono.  Hard to say

This look great in Ha Rodd.  Some very interesting structure already present and has good depth taking the whole image in as one.

1 minute ago, geeklee said:

This look great in Ha Rodd.  Some very interesting structure already present and has good depth taking the whole image in as one.

Thanks Geeklee. Some dark nights should smooth out the moon influence.  I was unfamiliar with this target and am pleasantly surprised 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rodd said:

Some dark nights should smooth out the moon influence.  I was unfamiliar with this target and am pleasantly surprised 

Yeah, there's always a price under the moons influence isn't there - even in Ha 😐

I wasn't familiar with it either but looking around for other images I think your suggestion of HaRGB could also be a winner. 👍

• Like 1