SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jones-Emberson 1

Hals

JE1 The Headphones nebula.  A 14th magnitude planetary nebula in Lynx.

Imaged for 19 hrs total integration time over several nights Dec '22 & Jan '23 and processed as HOO (14 hrs Ha & 5 hrs OIII - unluckily most of these sessions had a strong Moon hence the low OIII to Ha ratio).

Cropped image via 150PDS.

Pete.

JE1 Proc2 crop.png

Edited by Hals
  • Like 8

That's decent considering how big and diffuse it is also considering your conditions. 

I visually bagged this early last year, extremely difficult to get and certainly nothing like the detail you managed here. 

Nice to be re-introduced albeit virtually.

• Thanks 1

Very nice. Unlike Steve I’ve failed to detect this (I think twice) this year visually. I’n reality i’m underpowered (don’t have enough aperture) for it so it is lovely to see your image of it this morning. 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, josefk said:

Very nice. Unlike Steve I’ve failed to detect this (I think twice) this year visually. I’n reality i’m underpowered (don’t have enough aperture) for it so it is lovely to see your image of it this morning. 👍🏼

Think you might be right regarding the aperture or lack thereof. I was using the 350Pro at B2 skies and only just managed it although it was fully resolved. 

I reckon your classic cass could do it but you would benefit adding a reducer to it with a UHC filter and keep your exit pupil quite large. Oh and very, very dark skies 😉 

• Thanks 1