Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First HDR play

sinbad40

Well this was my first attempt at playing with HDR, a mix of 5s, 10s, 30s, 60s and some 120s shots in a very short window last night.  I know the alignment is out due to the number of double stars from the stacking, but this was more of a HDR play, so wasn’t to bothered with that issue at the moment.

I am really happy with the outcome, so once I get chance to get some 180s and 300s shots, I will have a full go at getting this one right.

M42_HDR.jpg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, sinbad40 said:

over doing it with HDR Multiscale transform :(

You have the "Lightness" and "Lightness mask" options in HDRMT (PixInsight I think you mean?).  If I still find HDRMT too strong, I usually clone the image (drag the image identifier tab to a blank area of the Workspace) and run HDRMT on this.  I'll check a couple of times with changes to layers depending on the data/subject. Then I'll either:

• Blend this into the original with PixelMath e.g. Simple expression:
    0.5*$T + 0.5*<name_of_HDRMT_clone_image> 
    Drag the blue triangle onto the original (where $T comes in, target)
    You can obviously adjust the strength of each blend above.

• Create a modified mask that targets the area/areas I want the HDRMT image to replace.  The use PixelMath to replace it e.g.
    <name_of_HDRMT_clone_image> 
    Drag the blue triangle onto the original (where $T comes in, target)

• A combination of the above.
  • Like 1