Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader Flip Mirror attachment (s)!!

Guys,

Just got a Baader Flip Mirror2 and along with most other new owners, realised you need to buy all the adaptors separately. I do have the T2 Helical focuser but can someone please tell me what adaptor I need to attach my ZWO ASI462 to it and what I need to attach the flip mirror to my Celestron 9.25SCT.

I am open to cheaper options as recommendations as well as Baader 🤣

Happy new year everyone.

This is why I have a million adapters, each time I buy something, I either get the wrong adapter or just don't have one 🤣

The zwo needs a T2 male thread, I think, have a look through the flo site on that camera and it gives thread size. Anyways, i got a T2 male to T2 male and works a treat with the ZWO 290. All the best and happy new ones.

• 1 year later...

Hi Adam, 

Hope you don't mind me jumping in an old thread. 

I am in the process of purchasing a Baader flip mirror to use with my C8 EdgheHD, 1.25" eyepiece and ASI462MC. So similar set up to you. 

I am trying to work out if I need any additional attachments or adaptors. I have got a baader helical focuser for the eyepiece and a zwo helical focuser for the camera. 

Did you need to get anything else? 

18 hours ago, Vic L S said:

Hi Adam, 

Hope you don't mind me jumping in an old thread. 

I am in the process of purchasing a Baader flip mirror to use with my C8 EdgheHD, 1.25" eyepiece and ASI462MC. So similar set up to you. 

I am trying to work out if I need any additional attachments or adaptors. I have got a baader helical focuser for the eyepiece and a zwo helical focuser for the camera. 

Did you need to get anything else? 

Hi mate,

Everything came with the mirror (it comes with lots of adaptors) bar the helical focuser for the eyepiece. The 2" adaptor to connect it to the scope came with my scope. I've not bought the adaptor that allows me to attach my ZWO 462 camera with a 1.25" filter to the mirror yet, but it depends on your filter set up and what you want to shoot.

Hope that helps!

20240429_075221.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 29/04/2024 at 15:01, Adaaam75 said:

Hi mate,

Everything came with the mirror (it comes with lots of adaptors) bar the helical focuser for the eyepiece. The 2" adaptor to connect it to the scope came with my scope. I've not bought the adaptor that allows me to attach my ZWO 462 camera with a 1.25" filter to the mirror yet, but it depends on your filter set up and what you want to shoot.

Hope that helps!

20240429_075221.jpg

Thanks for sharing the photo. Helpful to visualizer it. I have the Celestron T-ring adapter so I think I should be sorted! 

Really excited to get this all set up. 

Edited by Vic L S

7 hours ago, Vic L S said:

Thanks for sharing the photo. Helpful to visualizer. I have the Celestron T-ring adapter so I think I should be sorted! 

Really excited to get this all set up. 

It's worth every penny!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2024 at 06:27, Adaaam75 said:

It's worth every penny!

Hi mate, 

Sorry to come with another question. My flip mirror has finally arrived and I'm struggling to piece it all together. 

I've got a helical focuser for the eyepiece so that attaches on top of the mirror no problem. However I'm struggling to figure out how to attach my ASI462MC. Mine came with a 1.25" nose piece. How did you attach yours? 

11 hours ago, Vic L S said:

Hi mate, 

Sorry to come with another question. My flip mirror has finally arrived and I'm struggling to piece it all together. 

I've got a helical focuser for the eyepiece so that attaches on top of the mirror no problem. However I'm struggling to figure out how to attach my ASI462MC. Mine came with a 1.25" nose piece. How did you attach yours? 

Sorry, just seen this. As Michael said above, if you unscrew the 1.25 nosepiece from the camera, there is a thread to attach one of the adaptors that comes with the mirror.

The only issue is if you have 1.25 filters for your camera. In this case you will need to use the 1.25 adaptor on the camera to attach the filter and then purchase another adapter to attach this to the mirror.

Hope that helps

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Adaaam75 said:

Sorry, just seen this. As Michael said above, if you unscrew the 1.25 nosepiece from the camera, there is a thread to attach one of the adaptors that comes with the mirror.

The only issue is if you have 1.25 filters for your camera. In this case you will need to use the 1.25 adaptor on the camera to attach the filter and then purchase another adapter to attach this to the mirror.

Hope that helps

Hi Adam, 

Yeah that was my issue, I have a UV/IR cut filter on the nose piece. I had a dig around and found an adaptor so just waiting for another clear night to try and get the camera in focus now. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vic L S said:

Hi Adam, 

Yeah that was my issue, I have a UV/IR cut filter on the nose piece. I had a dig around and found an adaptor so just waiting for another clear night to try and get the camera in focus now. 

Story of my life! Just waiting for a clear night 😭

• Sad 1