Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 1893 and IC410 in Narrowband (SHO palette)

old_eyes

12 hrs exposure (Ha:03:S2 1:2:2) of IC 410 and NGC 1893, from my home observatory in North Wales during the recent cold spell.

Esprit120 & Atik 460ex mounted on a Mesu 200. I ended up with some sharp gradients at top and bottom of the image which I could not process out, so I have cropped the image quite severely. Fortunately, the objective was to get a good view of the Tadpoles, which the image delivers. Overall quite happy with this.

Processed in PixInsight.

1391494711_IC410NGC1893.thumb.jpg.28e6f2a1ec361c573c856b7cc6092dac.jpg

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Lovely. The Taddies are so much better in a mixed NB palette than in broadband.

Olly

Thank you Olly. I am experimenting with full automation of my home observatory using Voyager. I enables me to grab odd hours of clear sky which come unexpectedly and makes me more productive (well more productive for the cloudy skies of North Wales). I don't know if it is getting harder to provide an accurate local weather forecast, but I seem to be getting a lot more unexpectedly clear or cloudy patches. Even when Clear Outside and Meteoblue Astronomical Seeing agree, what actually happens is often completely different. Automation means I don't waste those opportunities, or risk rain on my rig. So this image was one of the first tests of the new system. Hopefully more to come!

Anyway can I wish you a belated Nadolig llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd dda!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old_eyes said:

Anyway can I wish you a belated Nadolig llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd dda!

You certainly can, dear boy, and may I return the compliment with a full brillig of slithy toves and the hope that the new year will see you gyring and gimbling in the borogroves whatever the mome raths think of it? 

:grin:lly

Edited by ollypenrice
typo - if that's possible in a post like this one!!!
  • Like 1