Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan Firmware Update Issue

I decided to update my hand controllers Synscan firmware to the latest version. I downloaded the firmware uploader and the latest firmware version (3.39.15.ssf) and went ahead. That all seemed to work fine and my hand controller is now showing as being v3.39. However, when I go to use it the database seems to think I am in the southern hemisphere (or at least that is what I think its doing)  because it won't show Polaris as a named star and when I try to slew to a target I know is above the horizon it says its below the horizon!

I can't figure what I've done wrong - any help much appreciated.

Edited by Sarek

10 minutes ago, Budgie1 said:

Have you checked you have the correct latitude & longitude and date/time on the handset? Remembering the date is mm/dd/yyyy format. ;) 

Yes, all of those are correctly entered

4 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Are they similar to 002 14W  51 52N (entered in that format and order ? Latitude and Longitude Finder on Map Get Coordinates (latlong.net) . 

I had lattitude as south!! Thank you for spotting my schoolboy error. I can't remember changing it as it always remembers it from previous sessions but perhaps in all the fiddling about with the handset I did. Thanks again

• Like 1