Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Deer Lick and Stephan's quintet

bomberbaz

5.5 hours in colour, widefield which was cropped.

Huge amount of gradient in this as can been seen in the cropped image. I spent a lot of time tinkering and this was as good as I could manage.

I shall try adding some more data obtained next time i can get somewhere really dark to even it out a little. The key here is my local sky does suffer visually from gradiant so obviously going to be worse imaged and B6-7 is never best for grabbing data.

Overall though not too bad given data obtained and conditions.

231428009_deerlickps1.thumb.png.05a6f73f06e88f01cf5b2fcf391e125f.png

Edited by bomberbaz
  • Like 3

It's a good attempt, you haven't applied flats though?

I image from bortle 7, and yes RGB can be challenging. A quick background extraction in Siril has made my RGB imaging much easier as it removes gradients with literally two button clicks.

20 minutes ago, Elp said:

It's a good attempt, you haven't applied flats though?

I image from bortle 7, and yes RGB can be challenging. A quick background extraction in Siril has made my RGB imaging much easier as it removes gradients with literally two button clicks.

No the flats have been used but I am thinking maybe some new flats may be needed. These are 6 months old and perhaps do some more over the stock 30 used too.

• bomberbaz changed the title to Deer Lick and Stephan's quintet
  • 2 weeks later...