SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

2” eyepiece caddy 3D printed.

Chaz2b

I have already printed out 1/25” caddy holders but needed a 2” as well, this is a remix of the Tele-pod caddy from Thingiverse, stretched to accommodate two 2” eyepieces, the mount holes fit my Tele-cue Gibraltar mount.

Its not been remixed on Thingiverse but if anyone wants a copy of stl files, I’ll happily upload them to you.

chaz

B73F43CE-40C4-4C36-B1AF-1CDB114594E4.jpeg

Edited by Chaz2b
  • Like 2

Yes it’s strong enough for two 2” eyepieces , mine are plossls not giants such like Televue Ethos . I did one 100% infill, that warped! So I went 50% infill and it’s fine. Not as strong as the metal originals of course, but at least it’s not cold to the touch.

chaz

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len1257 said:

I've had right angle joints fail when stressed so now always try and incorporate some fillets or side angle pieces if I can. Can be underneath of course. Also use Cura Mesh facility to increase infill rate at joint works well. 

That’s a good thought I never thought about the mesh feature for this aweosme buddy Thabkyou could I then bother you for the STL for this and the 1.25” version please 🙏 

On 17/11/2022 at 11:41, Moon-Monkey said:

That’s a good thought I never thought about the mesh feature for this aweosme buddy Thabkyou could I then bother you for the STL for this and the 1.25” version please 🙏 

You need to reach out to Chaz2b for the 2" version. The 1.25" is apparently on Thingiverse. If you aren't designing your own stuff then Tinkercad is as easy as it gets. 

5 hours ago, Len1257 said:

You need to reach out to Chaz2b for the 2" version. The 1.25" is apparently on Thingiverse. If you aren't designing your own stuff then Tinkercad is as easy as it gets. 

Ahh sorry bud I guess I misquoted my friend yes I use tinkercad quite a bit actually 🙂🙂 I will have a look cheers bud