NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 9th November 22

yelsac

Had to have a go last night, first time in ages had a little bit of clear sky inbetween the wind & mist. Seeing looked slightly better but...... as I turned the camera on- yes you guessed it the sky was boiling under the blooming jetstream AGAIN!

Anyway got a little detail come through even though the pipp videos were jumping around all over the place. Still getting used to processing with the new camera, probably to noisy still, really can't wait to have a go on a still clear night, I can but dream.

A few from last night with 10" reflector, QHY5-462c, 2min AVI's

1.png.05fe9f7f6a250dc35b97f3a3cb5bdd28.png

1.jpg.b34933eedf1c37299cad822b12c3c8a9.jpg

3.png.3245be7ab183c7c1676b494ad5c67291.png

• Like 9

18 hours ago, yelsac said:

the sky was boiling under the blooming jetstream AGAIN!

Nice pic 👍 In my pics that brown band about 2/3 of the way up always more red-purple, maybe I need to play around more with RGB correction (that said, I've never been to Jupiter so hard to know what colour is correct! 😂)

Newbie question - how can you tell about the jetstream, what do you look for? I get the general idea about "seeing" and atmospheric turbulence, and the Clear Outside app tries to tell me how good or bad it is, but beyond this what are the telltales?

1 hour ago, imakebeer said:

Nice pic 👍 In my pics that brown band about 2/3 of the way up always more red-purple, maybe I need to play around more with RGB correction (that said, I've never been to Jupiter so hard to know what colour is correct! 😂)

Newbie question - how can you tell about the jetstream, what do you look for? I get the general idea about "seeing" and atmospheric turbulence, and the Clear Outside app tries to tell me how good or bad it is, but beyond this what are the telltales?

Some can tell by just looking outside no idea how!

I find as soon as you get Jupiter on screen even before you start focusing etc it's bouncing around all over the place. Also when its slightly out of focus you can see the violent (obvious at the moment🤦) steam of flow from the Jetstream, it's a bit like a strong current in a river.

You can look at the Jetstream forecast online (Google search) to get an idea of what to expect.

• Thanks 1