Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

08.11.2022, Jupiter at 17:45 and software considerations

Fedele

08.11.2022, 5:46 pm
C11A, PowerMate 2.5x, ASI224MC
Asistudio
I noticed that shortly after sunset, in the very early part of the evening, a very short window of excellent seeing is generally created (at least in my observing site) which leads me to see excellent details on Jupiter, even if relatively low.
And here it is Jupiter.
However, I wanted to submit to you two different processes:
First photo (gmr ON RIGHT), all in AstroSurface
For the second photo instead, I first used PIPP which led me to select and align in a video, the best 50% of the frames. Then I used Autostakkert for analysis and staking and AstroSurface for everything else. PIPP has reversed the puck compared to the first one. Amateur astronomers what do you think?
The process with PIP brings me to a vividness of Jupiter very similar to what I see in the great experts, while the process with AstroSurface tends to "sand" the result a little but is more homogeneous to me.
It also seems that using more software raises the risk of introducing artifacts, even if everything seems smoother

astrosurface.png

2022-11-08-1656_2-Jupiter_pipp_lapl6_ap1237.png

• Like 2