Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart with Aorta and Fatty Tissue

Rodd

Data collected during 100% Moon.  I was amazed at how tolerant of wind was the mount with the FSQ compared to the C11Edge.  With the C11, the slightest breeze will manifest as a spike in the guide graph.  With the smaller scope, there were a few howlers that didn't move the guide graph at all.  I was shocked.  It makes for a much more relaxing shoot.  Also, seeing is much less important.  Seeing was listed as poor last night, but the guiding and data were decent.  That was a shock too.  The next couple of days are forecasted to be clear, so I will probably pile on the Ha data here and go as deep as I can.  I might add to the cave as well if the Heart shows signs of reaching a practical limit for data addition.  I am really looking forward to the ASI 2600.  I have sat on Santa's lap 3 times (I think two of them were the same!)

FSQ 106 with 0.6x reducer and ASI 1600.  51 300 sec Ha subs (3nm)

h51a3.thumb.jpg.d12b22dad9f0ab1d0bc9896ed68572ed.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

Your title was somewhat off putting! 😅

I'm still not convinced you don't have some kind of localised weather control, because I've not seen a star for weeks!!

Too much?  Maybe the fatty tissue was unneeded! As far as the clarity of the sky. The past year I averaged 1-2 nights/ month. I hope things have changed and I hope a change comes for you as well

8 hours ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

Your title was somewhat off putting! 😅

I'm still not convinced you don't have some kind of localised weather control, because I've not seen a star for weeks!!

I haven't had skies clear enough for imaging in 3 months !  Its getting beyond a joke.

• Sad 1