Going mobile

Hi Folks,

My views of the night sky are pretty limited from where I live. I presently have an astrophotography set up that I'm very happy with. (HEQ5 Pro mount, 72Ed, ZWO533MC camera & Asiair). The problem I face is that I've imaged most targets that are visible for any serious amount of time from my garden.

I have in the past loaded up the kit into my car or festival trolley and headed out to another location but it is a real faff.

Therefore I'm considering digging out my Canon 450d and purchasing a Skywatcher Star Adventurer and getting out for some time in the field. 

Question, 1. What is the general consensus of opinion on the star adventurer. Does the latest iteration have any benefits over the earlier models. 2. I'm looking for suggestions of a sub £100 tripod.

Thanks in advance for your help 

Clear skies

Simon

Consider the azgti for a more compact setup. I find it's my most used mount and my whole AP setup fits into one 50L backpack, setup around 20min, another 10-15 until imaging.

The owners thread is full of users, the OP @AstroNebulee has the same scope as you I believe.