Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I.C.E. replacement?

TheThing

Microsoft took down the download link long ago but various third party downloads (like the one above) still work and ICE works like it always did.

Astro pixel processor is another choice, but its not free. There is a 30 day trial for it though, so you could try it out first with some datasets that you have lying around. You can rent it for 60 USD (i think it was USD) + VAT for a year, or buy it. PIxInsight is also an option, but that costs an arm and a leg.

APP is very slow with processing and will take quite a long time to process datasets with hundreds of subs, so not sure i would recommend it for general use if you take lots of short subs but the mosaicing does do a decent job when you figure out which options need to be ticked for each step of the way. Recently i took a 4 panel mosaic of M31 and it took lots and lots of attempts but in the end it was able to stich all the panels together with very little to no visible seams anywhere so it does work quite well for mosaicing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1