SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Batteries?

I'm looking to find a battery as a remote option for an all-sky camera (12V, 1A, 1.5A peak, camera & heater, etc). I've noticed that most of the astro shops only seem to offer the Celestron battery options. I'm sure there used to be a lot more options offered some time ago. I'm looking for a reliable Li solution that will run the camera for around 8 hours, so maybe 8-12 Ah (although ratings from manufacturers may be optimistic, so perhaps a little more). Any suggestions?

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p14884_Omegon-Pro-Powerbank-48k-LiFePO4---12-V--13-Ah--154-Wh.html

In general - look at page where that item is listed (power supply items) - there are plenty of options.

Maybe simplest one is to get Long VRLA (or other) 12V battery with wanted capacity. Here is product brief for 17Ah model.

https://www.kunglong.com/upload/product_pdf/en/LG17-12.pdf?v=3zds3e9r4

Do be careful that with such batteries you actually want higher capacity so you don't discharge it 100%

image.png.d445d15d1eea811cd478472eb43a39bd.png

With depth of discharge of say 30% (which would be 36Ah battery if you calculate that you'll need 12Ah) - you'll have 1200 cycles before capacity drops below 80% (and since it is larger than you need - it will still have plenty of capacity for your needs).