Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

powerbox advance usb question

If i purchase the powerbox advance i really need 5 usb ports ,would it work if i plug into one of the usb ports a usb splitter adapter to give the extra port ? i can't see why not buy you guys may know otherwise...

no way am i paying the crazy money the the larger version.....

I guess it would work but I bought my Advance to keep clutter down not add to it but I really do get the price comment 🙂 🙂 🙂 Once I had it though I realised I could have done with the ability to turn off USB ports as my QHY gets warm as soon as the USB is connected. If I'd known beforehand I may have splurged the extra. As it happens a rework means I don't need it as I now have a remote controlled power switch anyway that turns on my Advance so pretty much does the same thing 🙂

Edited by scotty38
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, scotty38 said:

I guess it would work but I bought my Advance to keep clutter down not add to it but I really do get the price comment 🙂 🙂 🙂 Once I had it though I realised I could have done with the ability to turn off USB ports as my QHY gets warm as soon as the USB is connected. If I'd known beforehand I may have splurged the extra. As it happens a rework means I don't need it as I now have a remote controlled power switch anyway that turns on my Advance so pretty much does the same thing 🙂

I've also realised the 533 camera has 2 ports also ,I could use these for the guidecam/EAF ....if so then sorted..

• Like 1

Yep, the two USB2 ports on the ASI cameras are fine for running the guide camera and EAF. My ASI120MM Mini is plugged into the ASI294MC Pro all the time.

Not only does it save a USB port on the PPBA, it also means using a shorter cable to the guide camera and less cable clutter. ;)

• Like 1