NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sw stars discovery Az goto wifi and Stellarium

paulyz

I got new SW  discovery AZ GOTO wifi mount, with SynScan application on android 12 (samsung s20 fe) working good, but with Stellarium+ not. I always start SynScan, connect to mount over wifi, make alignment, after that I start stellarium+ (I made connections settings IP 127.0.0.1, port 11882). Stellarium+ connects to mount, but after about minute stops work (manual control, goto and etc). In log show (get pos = TRX time out and similar errors). If I back to SynScan - no problem, SynScan show that mount connected and everything work. Made couple nigh observations though SynScan without problem. Tried Google, didn't find answer. 

Connected mount through Stellarium PC version, looks like everything fine (didn't made observe, only tested). 

Instead of stelarium on my android phone I use skysafari and virtuoso mount for the last two versions of synscan I've found the connection drops after a while in skysafari. When this happens I go back to synscan and reconnect, turn on encoders, then back to skysafari and connect all is fine again.

If you want to use freedom find which is useful when sharing a telescope as the mount won't lose where it is pointing if knocked you have to turn on encoders in synscan app.

I changed in settings/programs/synscan/baterry "do not optimize", about 15-20 minutes stellarium worked without problems, but later mount was disconnected. Backed up to SynScan and again to Stellarium, mount back to work again. 15-20 minutes good result.