Mars: first image from the 2020 opposition! 06 Oct 2022 - C8

Maurizio83

A few days ago I tried with Mars, for the first time since the 2020 opposition.

Differently from Jupiter, the planet is still very small, the height above the horizon is below 40 at the time of shooting (that for my location is quite bad 😉), and the superficial details have little contrast. It was therefore very difficult even to find the correct focus point ...

The final image shows very subtle surface details, for now nothing comparable to two years ago. We'll see when the disc gets bigger! 😎

I tried not to force with the processing to avoid the double border as much as possible, which I noticed emerges very easily ...

The original image taken seemed to me a little too red and so I refined the chromatic balance by comparing my image with the various that are on the web ...

Let me know what you think and if you have any advice, thanks! 👍

Full resolution image and detailed shooting info are available here: https://flic.kr/p/2nRM9Fj

2022-10-06-2352_elabo.png

Edited by Maurizio83
  • Like 5

• Maurizio83 changed the title to Mars: first image from the 2020 opposition! 06 Oct 2022 - C8