Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher old Hand Controller problem

Jimbo64

Hi guys, I hope you can help.

I've been struggling with software issues and, in trying to fix these I seem to have killed my mount, it's totally stopped working.

It's a motorised Dobsonian but with an unusual (old?) hand controller, which has worked absolutely fine until tonight.  I also have the SynScan wifi dongle that plugs into the handcontroller (RJ45) port, it normally works great and gives me full goto capability.

After updating some drivers both have stopped working, the mount seems to not power or recognize the wifi dongle at all and the hand controller has a steady red Guide 1 light (as usual) but the bottom two 'Set' and 'Go' buttons are flashing red.  I can't turn the flashing lights off, no matter what combination of button presses I try.

Does anyone know what the problem could be, what the flashing red lights mean and how can I fix the problem.

Hopefully it's not terminal.

Jim

controller.thumb.jpg.37a738bad6418e8c90d780f03e8359fd.jpg

Hi Michael,

it was the Prolific PL-2303 USB to Serial Driver that I downloaded, so unlikely to be that I suspect, it could just be coincidence that I had been doing that at the time. 
jim