Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My Number 2

LDW1

Over the last 25+ years I have problably owned a couple of dozen scopes of various brands, types and sizes including more than a dozen refractors. I am a lover of refractors there is no question, from 60mm to 127mm, from achro to apo. To go with them I have worked my way up the eyepiece ladder to my now Morpheus / Hyperion lines with a 24mm Panoptic and a 15mm Celestron Ultra thrown in as well as a myriad of zooms (mainly Svbony). Now I am down to 2 scopes, my No.1 Televue NP101 and my fairly newly acquired Svbony 48p 90mm, my No2. There is no question which is the best performer but if I wasn't so lucky to find my 101 here in Canada, a year ago, the 90 would be all the scope, the only scope I need for my preferred viewing pleasure ie relatively low power / widefield. The views are dark and pin point and very contrasty right to the edge in my normal Bortle 4/5 backyard, last nite proved that again. If anyone is thinking of this size of refractor consider one of these that are second best to an NP101, mine cost me $350 C + $20 shipping. 2996AF99-7224-4CD8-A67C-705D4D8C29B5.thumb.jpeg.160fab88aee69acf99828ab57544e541.jpeg PS:  My early 90's Celestron C80 refractor stands idle most times now, in 3rd place !

• Like 2