Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Neq6-r and Asiair power...

paul mc c

It may depend on the amps the PSU is rated for.

I used to split the power from my PSU, which was 12v 10amp, into two. One going to the AAP and the other direct to the mount. Here's what I used: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K285NFB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would try running it off the AAP first and see what it does, make sure to have anything else that's powered by the AAP running at the same time.

• Like 1

It would be wise to take into account the entire amps consumption required by the setup together with per port and total limitations of ASIAIR.

ASIAIR will have the sum of all currents from the Power Output ports at 6A, but any one port is limited to 3A.  So possibilities include:

1 x 3A
2 x 3A
3 x 2A
4 x 1.5A

Have in mind that Celestron AVX requires 3.5 A and EQ6-R Pro requires 4 A. Adding cooled camera requires additional 2A, dew straps cca 0.7 - 1.5 A each, and so on...

Zwo even advises against powering their own AM5 mount from ASIAIR, but rather the other way around or separate power supplies.