SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eyepiece help

Neil H

Hi all I have a question on eyepieces , the telescopes I have are Orion optics 200/1200 newt a bresser 127/1200 refractor and the skymax 180 pro 7.1/ 1500 

At this time I am using celestron omni eyepieces and thinking of upgrading to something like the BST starguilder would this be a good upgrade on the omni or do I need to look at something else can't spend loads as I may buy matching eyepieces so I can use my  binoviewer

BST's have a wider fov and will give better eye relief than the Omni's so yes, I would say it's an upgrade. Plus, at around £35 on the used market a pair each of the BST 18mm and 12mm for the bino's won't break the bank. I would say that the Omni's are fine in the longer focal lengths but at the shorter lengths you will appreciate the longer eye relief of the BST's.

• Like 1