NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan Dobson 8" hand controller led accidently set to too low a contrast to see anything under any light conditions.

While trying to setup m;y synscan V5 hand held controller I accidently set contract so low that nothing is visible under any conditions from normal daylight to complete darkness.  Although I have  Synscan pro software on my PC and smart phone so I can operate the basic system, but I want to get access to the entire menu on the handheld.  Does anyone have a proven fix to this problem?  If no system fix, how about a step by step handheld button press sequence to reset handheld and then factory settings?  Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I am about give up and172937646_Screenshot2022-09-05at14-13-12SkywatcherOwnersManual_pdf.png.8ba1631ca5e1069b198968fe87ff3ae9.png buy a new handheld just to get back to visible led menus and prompts.

On my synscan controller which I believe will be the same key steps for you also do the following;

Switch on the mount. Wait approx 20 seconds whilst it initialises.

Press Enter key slowly 12 times (12x)

Press key 2 (Rate) 1x

Press Enter key 1x

Press White triangle key 3x (key to the right of the Info button)

Press Enter key 1x

Press Right direction arrow control key (black triangle pointing right) repeatedly until the contrast darkens on the display so you can see the text again.

Hope that helps get it back for you. 😀

Edited by Knighty2112