Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DIY Flat Cap

Synchronicity

Following on from this thread I resurrected my design for a 'cap' to use for taking flats and am so far happy with the results.

Designed with Freecad and printed on my CR10s Pro, this first version produced very nice flats that worked well for processing the images taken that night.  I bought the EL panel mentioned in that thread from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32981624149.html.  It gives a blue light rather than pure white but seems to be ok so far.
As the EL panel is sandwiched between the two parts there is light leakage which isn't an issue in the dark but I'll deal with in V2.  I'm also looking at how to seal the opening when it's on the scope which would then allow me to use it for dark frames too.   If I can do that then I'll be able to put the cap on and automate taking of all calibration frames - eventually.

Cap1.jpg.9d3ee19decdc8888bf0165710b1d27b7.jpg

Cap2.thumb.jpg.980bd56d95b5422bf0b934ac4ad4ba10.jpg

Cap3.thumb.jpg.1679600a7244a9bececd7af711f9592e.jpg

Michael

• Like 3